The Python HD 5/8" Steel Pin clamp by G-Force Grips & 9.Solutions is a work horse designed to rig with comfort and effortlessness. The Handle is made from forged 6061 Aluminum. The Threaded Rod is made from hardened 440 Stainless Steel and only has threads where needed. The 5/8 Stainless Steel Pin is 4" long and has a knurled surface to prevent rotation of attached items and is tapped on the end with a 3/8" threaded hole. There is an Igus polymer thrust bearing sandwiched between two stainless steel bushings which creates an amazingly smooth tightening and loosening of the grip. All of the aluminum surfaces have been media blasted and finished with Type II clear anodizing. The jaw surface has tiny ridges forged during the extrusion process. The outer jaw surface has an extruded natural rubber pad glued in place with a special adhesive designed to adhere rubber to aluminum. Clamping force pushes the natural extruded rubber grooves to the grip surface ensuring a tight mounting bond without damaging the padding or the mounting object! Hold a Python HD in-hand and see why we think it's is the best in the biz.
- 5/8" Baby Pin (16mm)
- 3/8" Tapped and threaded hole at end of the baby pin
Weight: 1.26 Lbs
Clamping Range: 0-2 inches
Safe Working Load: 45lbs.
The Main Jaws of this clamp fit
- 2in pipe, 1½", 1¼", 1" speed-rail
- all sizes of Box Truss
- 2x4 and 1x3 lumber.
The inner Jaw area will clamp onto sizes like:
- 5/8" rod, Camera Rods, or C-Stand arms
- 3/8" pin or side of a Flag or diffusion frame
- Top or side of a set wall
- All the way down to a 3/8" rod or 3/8" bolt
- This is a great base for any 5/8" set-up. Dedolight products are about doing more with smaller, well engineered tools, so with a max working load of 45lb there are not many restrictions. Most of our products will be very happy with this as a foundation as a set-up.
- DLR-LOCK - For mounting Lightstream and Eflect reflectors
- 5/8" Closed and Open sided Gags to add rods
- Grip Joint is a great hub for using multiple rods
Setting up Lightstream reflectors is more fun when combining dedolight and this grip equipment. The fastest way to rig Lightstream is to have control over a reflector in three-dimensional space, and this system of clamps, rods, locks and gags allows you to have that control. All the components are made from high-grade extruded 6061 aluminum making them extremely light weight to work with without sacrificing sturdiness and strength. The gags have a uniquely identifiable color pattern making them simple to find and manipulate. In combination with other dedolight gear like the DLGA 160 ball-joint arms, along with the DLR-LOCKS and reflectors, this system is simply symbiotic and fun to work with.